Welcome to Shaw Butte Little League
Hello Shaw Butte Parents:
We are looking forward to our upcoming Spring Baseball Season at Shaw Butte and hope to see you out on the fields. You should see flyers coming home next week with details, but wanted to give you a “heads-up” about the season.
- Online registration is now open. Register at https://registration.sbll.us/ . Please remember if you register online you must still submit forms at one of our registration nights.
- In person registration is at Peter Piper Pizza (245 E Bell Road) Tuesday, February 3rd and Wednesday, February 11th from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. Please bring the registration form and payment (if not completed online), Medical Release and signed Code of Conduct forms, Birth Certificate for proof of age (we do not keep this), and 2 items showing proof of residence in SBLL boundaries – or attendance at Lookout Mountain, Shaw Butte, John Jacobs, or Moon Mountain Elementary.
- Coaching applications should be turned in on registration nights, or emailed to me (email@example.com)
- Tryouts for Minors and Majors will be Saturday, February 21st with Makeups on Monday, February 23rd.
- Practices to start early March
- All necessary league forms can be found under the parent tab on our website.
T-Ball: Ages 4-5
Farm: Ages 6-8*
Minors: Ages 8-10
Majors: Ages 10-12
Juniors: Ages 12-14
*Farm players must be 6 by 12/31/15
Minors / Majors: $140
*Take advantage of earlybird pricing! Prices will increase 2/14/15
For more information:
Please visit: www.sbll.us
NEW LEAGUE AGE DETERMINATIONSEarlier this year Little League International made the decision to change the date we all use to calculate a child’s “League Age.” Their motivation in the change was to avoid having 13 year olds play in the Little League World Series. They have made several adjustments recently, but the latest information we have from them is that for the 2018 season (three years from now), the league age will be calculated using the calendar year and not the current date of 4/30. So that we can be prepared for the change down the road, we will be using league age calculations below, with the change impacting kids in the T-ball, Farm and Minors Divisions we field. The overriding rule for SBLL will continue to be player safety, followed by player fun and level competition. We expect this will take a couple years to integrate, so we’re incorporating the changes this season.
League Age Calculation
- Kids born in 2004 or before, will continue to use the 4/30 date to determine their league age.
- Kids born in 2005 or after, will use 12/31 to determine their league age.
This calculation change does not impact anyone born January – April. It will impact kids born May – December in 2005 or later by making them one year older. My youngest was born 7/1/05, so instead of him being League Age 9 this year, he’ll be League Age 10.
Almost time to play ball!